In the month of July 2017, I got a chance to appear in the Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer exam.
About the exam
- Prerequisite: None
- Multiple-choice/multiple-select questions = 60
- Passing Score = 68%
- Time allotted to complete the exam = 90 minutes
- Minimum correct answers = 60 * 68 / 100 = 40.8 (at least 41)
- Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer (Study Guide)
- Read all the questions in the study guide. Few questions might come in your exam!
- Development Lifecycle and Deployment Resource Guide
- Read all the topics in the architect resource guide because this is the master guide to Pass the exam. Please do read every topic from this guide.
- Make sure you do practice at least one (1) time in Salesforce Developer edition.
- Trailhead modules
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Change Management
- Salesforce Release Strategies
- Agile Basics
- Agile Frameworks (Scrum and Kanban)
- Sandbox Licenses and Storage by Type
- Force.com Development Lifecycle
- Force.com Migration Tool
- Metadata API Developer Guide
- Force.com IDE Developer Guide
- Application Installation Guide
- License Management and Support Guide
- RACI Matrix
- Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Responsibilities of:
- Project Manager
- Scrum Master
- Steering Committee
- Executive Leadership
- CoE (Centre of Excellence)
- Architect Review Baord
- Change Control Board
- Waterfall vs Agile
- Release Management Process
Suggestions & Tips
- Take any of the new Architect Journey exam as more to get the knowledge than the certification credentials!
- In order to pass this exam or any of the new Architect Journey exam, you must have read the Architect resource guide thoroughly and as well as hands on experience.
- If you don't have any practical experience, a Salesforce Developer edition will be the best option where you will have pretty much everything you need to have for this exam.
- Salesforce Trailhead is a great source, containing full of information for each area of the Salesforce platform.
- I learnt one thing in the new Architect Journey exams Don’t judge exam questions by its length! In any of the new Architect Journey exam you will find few questions very easy straightforward but those questions are very less in numbers. You will find majority of questions complex but interesting and every question will have a clue or point to select the correct answer(s).
I hope the content here helps you to get this Certification. Best of luck!